Friday, September 13, 2013

La Monferrina Restaurant: Best Steak Tartar!

I have been looking for a freat steak tartar since I arrived to Bogota 4 years ago. I tried once at Andres Carne de Res D.C., but it was a make-it-yourself type of dish. I do not know how to make steak tartar so it did not turn out so great and I really did not understand the poitn of that concept. If I wanted to make steak tartar myself I would just make it at home - not pay $35 mil pesos COP (expensive)! Anyways, the one at La Monferrina is very good and presented well!



La Monferrina is a Italian restaurant with homemade pasta - also known as a pasta factory. However, I would not call it traditional Italian food because it is better than traditional Italian food! It is better to me because it is lighter and more modern. For example, even though they have some traditional dishes, they come with a elegant souce instead of the heavy creams and over-cheesed pasta. The salads are even big, filling, yet light and healthy. For example, you could order a salad, appatizer, and wine for a complete and healthy meal.

Besides the great food, the atmosphere is also modern and non-traditional. You will not see the typical, cheesy Italian decorations like grapes and fake sculptures. Instead, it is a cozy yet urban with young people (hipsters) instead of old Italian women and large families. The reason for this is because the owner is a young urban professional who invites his friends, musicians, and artist to eat at the restaurant and socialize. In addition to special events every once in a while, the restaurant has a new location in Parque 93 that is a great space for entertaining and hosting events. For example, you can see the people and events on their Facebook page.

La Monferrina 93 
Cll 93 No 13A-44
Teléf. 031-6215090
3112200096

No comments:

Post a Comment